Sometimes, while trying to run Nvidia GeForce, you may come across an unexpected error saying ” Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience.” You try to open it, but Nvidia GeForce experience won’t open. This situation though mainly common with Windows 10, can occur in any version of Windows OS. Facing this situation is frustrating, but there’s no need to panic. In this article, we are going to show you how to fix this issue of GeForce not opening. So, read on:
Fix 1: Restart The GeForce Service
The first possible solution to this issue of GeForce experience not opening is to perform a restart of the service. To do that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- In that box, type services.msc and click OK. The Service window should open.
- In the Service window, look for Nvidia GeForce Experience Service, highlight it, and click Restart on the left side. If you do not see Restart, click on Start.
- Now, right-click on the service and select Properties from the drop-list. Set the Startup type to automatic by clicking the box next to Automatic. Uncheck the box next to manual.
- Next, after saving the settings, restart your computer.
Now, open Nvidia GeForce experience to see if the issue is fixed.
Fix 2: Uninstall And Reinstall Nvidia Geforce Driver
If the issue of Nvidia GeForce experience not opening is not fixed by the above method, then you can try uninstalling the GeForce drivers, and on the next restart of your computer, Windows will reinstall the said drivers by itself. If the issue is caused by corrupt drivers, then this method should fix the problem. This is how:
- Go to Control Panel, view by Large icons, and select Device Manager.
- Look for Display adapters or Display drivers, expand it by clicking it once, and select NVIDIA Graphics driver.
- Right-click on the driver and select Uninstall from the drop-list. If prompted or warned, confirm the uninstallation by clicking on Yes.
- Restart the computer.
Now, on this restart, Windows will reinstall the Nvidia drivers. Try to run Nvidia GeForce, to check whether the issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Update Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
The next step you can take to fix this issue is to update the Nvidia graphics driver. Follow these steps to perform the update:
- Go to Control panel, view by large icons, and click on Device manager.
- Look for Display drivers or Display adapters in the list, expand it and select Nvidia graphics driver.
- Right-click on it and select Update driver.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Restart your computer and check whether the issue is fixed.
These are the solutions to try to fix Nvidia GeForce won’t open issue. Hope these fixes work for you.