iCloud is a popular cloud storage and cloud computing service that is offered by Apple Inc. It is generally the services that are offered by Apple via the internet. The functions and features that are offered by iCloud are almost the same as Google Drive. iCloud allows us to backup and restore data, documents, and photos from all the Apple devices. The numerous unique and user-friendly features offered by iCloud makes it popular. But at times, you might face certain annoying issues as well. One of the most common problems that users are often encountering is regarding the password. If you do not know how to change the iCloud password, this article will help you with appropriate solutions and guidance.
How To Change iCloud Password?
The Apple ID password is the primary protection to the information that is stored in your iCloud. It also has the ability to locate your device which is a particularly handy feature that can help you during an emergency. Therefore, it is essential to keep your password safe and secure. And to do this, it is necessary to change this password on a regular basis. Moreover, there are many more situations where it is necessary to change your password. Therefore, if you are unable to change iCloud password, try the easy steps that are given below:
Method 1: Online
At first, visit the Apple ID website from your computer’s web browser. This site is basically used for protecting your Apple ID information as well as password.
Sign into your Apple ID account with your Apple ID email address and password.
- In case the two-factor authentication is enabled for your account, you have to verify the login process by opening iPhone or whatever Apple device you are using
- Then, tap on Allow option when prompted
- Now, move down to the “Security” section which appears in the top of the page.
- Click the change password option.
- Fill up the required field using the current Apple ID password.
- Now, enter the password that you use for logging in to your Apple ID page.
- Enter the newly created password twice.
- Before you can proceed, the password entries must match each other
- Ensure that your password has at least 8 characters, and should also include at least one number, one uppercase letter, and one lowercase letter
- Lastly, click on the change password option which appears at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
Method 2: Change password on Mac
In the top-left corner of the screen, click on the apple logo. Immediately, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen. Now, select the system preferences which is present at the top of Apple menu. After this, click on the iCloud option which is in the system preferences window. Soon, the iCloud window will appear. Now, click on Account details and then on security option. After this, click on the change password option. A pop-up window appears where you have to type your new password twice. Once you have entered the new password, verify it. Your password should be of at least 8 characters and must contain at least one number, uppercase, and lowercase. Lastly, click on the change password option.
Method 3: Change password on iPhone
- Open your iPhone and go to the settings option
- At the top of the screen, click on your Apple ID
- Now, click on the Password & Security option
- Select change password option
- When prompted, enter the passcode of your iPhone that you use for unlocking your phone
- Now, enter your new password twice and verify whether both the entries match each other
- In the top-right corner of the screen, hit the change option
Depending on which Apple device you use, you can easily change the iCloud password by applying the suitable methods. For more comprehensive help, consider reaching a professional.