Box is a leading cloud content management and file sharing service used for business purposes. Box was first introduced in the year 2005 and is available for Windows, macOS and various other mobile platforms. It is basically used to store and access files and documents online. Besides this, the large files and confidential documents can easily be made secure with just a simple link, custom URL or password-protected link. File editing can also be done here. But in order to avail all these features, it is necessary to log in to the Box account. If you are unaware of the process about how to login Box, go through this article thoroughly.
Easy Steps For Box Login:
Box login can be done with just a few manual tweaks. Here are a few simple steps that will help you to log in successfully. However, users might face various difficult situations or issues during login. In this article, we are going to discuss all the problems and their solutions to make your task easier.
Check the following factors if you face problems while logging in to Box:
- Ensure that you signed up for a Box account and not another service
- Check whether you are using the correct email address associated with your Box account to login
- Please make sure you are using the correct Box password. If you are unable to remember your password, reset it
- Password reset links sent via email expire 3 hours after they are sent
- Also, check your spam folder that is available in your email client.
How to log in with the credential that is associated with Box?
In order to log in to the Box account, any web browser can be used. At first, you need to enter your email address that is associated with the Box account and then, type the password. Click on the Sign in option.
What to do if you forget your password?
It is quite possible that you might forget your password and are unable to log in to the Box account. In this situation, resetting the password is the best option. In order to reset the password, try the simple steps that are given below:
- Go to the site https://app.box.com/reset
- Enter the email address that is connected with your Box account.
- An email will be sent to you which consists a link that will allow you to reset your password.
- The Password reset link is only valid for three hours. Therefore, in case your link expires, again visit https://app.box.com/reset to get another email link.
- In case you do not receive any mail for password reset, check whether the email address that you have entered is correct or not.
Logging In With Google Credentials
Logging in to your Box account can also be done using your Google account information as well. To do this, perform the steps that are given below:
- Go to the page: http://app.box.com/login
- Select the Sign In with Google link that is present in the footer
- Log in to your Google Account as you would normally do
You might face a situation where you will not be able to login if your Google account address does not match your Box account address. In this situation, the primary address associated with your Box account has to be changed.
- Go to the login page of the Box.
- Sign in with the current email address that you use with your Box account.
- In case you cannot remember the password, on the login page, tap on the Reset Password link
- After you are signed in successfully, change the primary email address that you use for Box account so that is matches with your Google account address.
Logging into Box account using Single Sign-On (SSO)
If you are using Single Sign-On (SSO) via your company, you can also log into the Box account using that same password.
- Select the Sign In option with SSO link that is present at the bottom of the login box
- Now, type the email address in the required field that you use for logging in to your organization’s network
- Hit the sign in option.
- The company’s login page will appear
- Now, follow the steps that you perform while logging in to your organization’s network from SSO provider
- Now, the Box account will open automatically once your account is authenticated through your SSO provider.
How to log into Box with the two-step verification?
In order to protect your account, the two-step verification is an additional layer of security. In this process, a code is sent to your mobile device through an SMS or a voice call. This code can only be entered after you’ve put in your username and password. All the data will be verified before granting access to your data.
At first, Enter the email and password of your Box account. Post this, the Two-step verification page will appear on the screen. Now, enter the passcode that was sent to your mobile. Click on the submit option. Lastly, if you didn’t receive a code, tap on Resend Code.
Hopefully, the given solutions will be of use to you. In case you need any additional assistance, consider talking to the experts for immediate help regarding this.