Users frequently complain about issues which they face while working with the Skype application on Windows. Issues like Skype not opening, login difficulties, and a malfunctioning camera are quite common. Often, updating the application resolves all the glitches that you encounter. Hence, if you are looking for ways on how to update Skype on Windows, go through the article.
How To Update Skype On Windows?
If you are using an outdated Skype application, you might often face annoying technical glitches. Updating Skype usually resolves the bugs and helps you to further work with the application smoothly. Hence, upgrade Skype and fix the issues that you are currently facing the application. If you do not consider yourself to be tech-savvy enough and are hence looking for ways to update Skype on Windows, go through the steps given below:
Method 1- Update Skype Manually
You need to update Skype manually if you turn off the automatic updates option. Hence, you need to check for the latest updates and install them whenever you want.
- First, you need to sign in to the Skype application.
- Now, in the menu bar, select the Help option and then click on Check For Updates.
- If an update is available, the message to update the application will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Download option to download the latest version of Skype.
- When the download completes, you need to click on the Upgrade option in the pop-up window that appears on your screen.
Upon upgrading the Skype application, your account details remains the same. If you are running an older or outdated version of the application, a few of the Skype products that you have purchased are likely to become inaccessible.
Method 2- Automatic Skype Updates
Updating Skype automatically is the best way to keep the application always on its latest version. However, the updates are always turned on by default. Furthermore, you can always disable them whenever you want.
- Sign in to your Skype account.
- After that, in the Menu Bar, you need to select the Tools option.
- Click on Options.
- Now, under the Advanced tab, you have to select the Automatic updates.
- Then, you need to click on the Turn off automatic updates option.
- If you want to update the application automatically, then make sure to enable the option.
The above procedures are pretty easy-to-apply and should ideally help you get rid of all the skype related issues. Since the issues are more prevalent on Windows 8, make sure you enable all the Skype updates on Windows 8 for a smooth functioning.