Windows 10 users frequently complain about encountering several audio issues with their computer. For example, the audio randomly cuts out on Windows 10. The sound cuts out on Windows 10 primarily due to a corrupt or an outdated audio driver or if the settings are misconfigured. If you are struggling with the same problem, you are in the right place. Here, we have mentioned a few of the easiest procedures to fix the audio errors quickly.
Basic Fixes To Apply If Audio Keeps Cutting Out Windows 10
Wondering why the sound cuts out Windows 10? Well, troubleshooting it is not a difficult job. If you do not know the ways to fix the glitch, follow the easy steps given below:
Method 1: Update The Correct Audio Driver
The basic solution to fix the audio randomly cuts out Windows 10 error is by updating the audio driver. If you are using an outdated or a corrupt driver, you may encounter that the sound keeps cutting out Windows 10. Updating the audio drivers removes the bugs thereby providing the user a smooth functioning. You can update the driver both manually and automatically. Perform the steps stated below to do the process.
- First, you have to press the Windows key and X simultaneously from your keyboard.
- Now, open the Device Manager.
- Then, find and then expand the Sound, video and game controllers option. Right-click on the audio device driver and then update the driver.
- Then, you need to select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Finally, you need to select the ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my laptop’ option and make sure to tick the box for Show compatible hardware. Then, you need to choose High Definition Audio Device from the list and enter the Next option to continue. A warning message will pop up on the computer screen asking whether you want to go on with the installation. Click Yes and continue the process.
- Finally, restart your computer after the installation completes.
However, you can also update the audio card driver automatically. First, run a full scan on your computer to detect the errors with the driver. When the faults appear after diagnosis, you need to resolve them by clicking on the Update button. You will find this beside the flagged audio driver. Click to download and install the latest version of the driver which is compatible with your device and Windows 10. Alternatively, you can also click on the Update All option to download the correct version of the driver. Make sure that the driver is compatible with the device you are using.
Method 2: Change Sound Enhancement Settings
If you do not have any driver issues, try changing the sound enhancement settings. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the sound icon. You will find this option on the bottom right corner of your computer screen.
- Now, choose the Sounds option.
- Then, navigate to the Communications tab and select to Do nothing. Select the Apply option and then click on OK to save the changes made in the settings.
- Click to select the default sound device after navigating to the Playback tab. Now, choose Properties.
- After that, you need to open the Enhancements tab. Tick the box for the Disable all sound effects option. Finally, click on OK to save the changes that you made.
Method 3: Change Speaker Settings
If none of the methods mentioned above work for you, try to apply this procedure. Changing the speaker settings might help you to resolve the error. You need to click on the sound icon which you will find at the right corner of the screen. Now, choose the Sounds option. Click on the Playback tab and then select the default audio device that you are using. Finally, click on the Configure option. After that, select the Next option. Untick the box for Front left and right option and then hit on the Next option. Finally, click on Finish to end the configuration and save the changes.
Make sure you follow all the steps correctly and in the order as mentioned here. Most of the time, Windows 10 users are able to get rid of this audio related problem with the help of the easy-to-apply methods given in this article. For more comprehensive help, consider getting in touch with the professionals.